Friday, January 09, 2004

First tour of the year today. Eight grade 3's, very bright, all in uniform. After a month off, my touring skills were certainly rusty, not much form. I talked myself into a corner several times, and found myself repeating the same thing over and over. Poor kids, they were very polite, but I could tell they were bored. Perhaps it was the yawning???

I was able to give them a good 8 minutes for sketching in the Art room, and they were all very skilled. That is the best part of the tour, save for the workshop, because they really have a chance to experience art-making, instead of just looking. Of course, I enjoy the art hunt in Place, because Emily Carr's tree paintings are so beautiful, they are wonderful to look at and talk about.

We have a docent lunch on Tuesday, and our first meeting. I had to miss most of our meetings in December due to work, and it is so important that I don't let that happen again. It's like being in school again, and when I miss, I don't feel as much a part of the group.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home