Wednesday, October 13, 2004

I am 34 today.

It snuck up on me.

I will make an admission here: I think I have the best birthday date on the calendar. October 13th. It's just all edges and mysteries and it's just got to be fabulous person born on that day ... ;>

I went for an interview at my alma mater, SFU. Sounds like cool work, though they just finished a big project, so are in an ebb. The trippy part was going up to campus, I haven't been there in over 10 years. It hasn't changed at all, well, new buildings aside, there are still the same cafes, same hallways, lecture theatres. But all the people are different, no one I would recognise in the halls at all. It was so trippy. It's like the past frozen, I know the space intimately, but it is not frozen, it is the future. Even I am not the same person anymore, physically, all of my cells have regrown at least once, mentally, I have matured, emotionally ...

And being on campus, watching the students, I know their brains are working overtime, grasping that concept, stretching into history, calculating, composing. Walking around, and it is so silent, but their inner worlds are teaming with activity. Wild.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home