Thursday, November 25, 2004

I went to give blood today. An important thing to do, as I feel being a healthy individual involves the responsibility of helping others. Such a shining citizen! I even brought my trade magazines, so I could study the latest trends and not be subject to the likes of People and Canadian Living.

With all this good intention, I neglected to take the precautions of eating and drinking enough prior to the event. All did not go to plan. The needle was in my arm for less than 10 minutes, when I started to get, literally, hot around the collar, sweaty palms and queasy stomach. Upon uttering "I'm dizzy," I was swarmed by three nurses who had my feet elevated and ice cold compresses to wrists and forehead before I knew what was happening. I was stuck there for a good 45 minutes, if you can believe it. Not good practise on my part. The worst was that I was facing the waiting queue, and they just stared at me. It was horrible, and I was thoroughly embarrassed.

Coffee + snack does not equal a solid meal. We have been deceived!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home