Monday, April 10, 2006

I went to a book club meeting on Friday night. I hadn't read the book, but I had been invited to join the club in hopes I would become a member. It was a lovely time, great conversation, food, wine. Okay, too much wine. But it was great fun, and it's always a pleasure to meet new people and have something other to discuss.

I was asked to pick the book for the next meeting, and I've decided to use the Canada Reads program on CBC as a start. Some books that sound interesting:

Cocksure by Mordecai Richler
A Complicated kindness by Miriam Toews

And some further digging on caterina.net reveals this gem:

A Heart So White

But then, we can check the reading lists from local universities, and then we find;

On Beauty by Zadie Smith

Must think on this ...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home