Saturday, June 10, 2006

Baby basil

I've planted only a couple of edibles on my deck this year. I haven't had much luck in with growing food in the past, but I've decided this year to try again and grow a couple of things. My deck is scorching hot, so I will have to be diligent and water to keep everything growing and thriving. I am slightly wary about the squirrels - let's hope they keep their munching to a minimum!

Here ar the first few basil plants coming up for a look:

baby basil

tiny treats

They are so incredibly wee at the moment, I didn't even see that second one until I had looked at the photo. There are many new sprouts, and I am excited! I love fresh basil, and fresh pesto is divine!

I am still waiting for the cilantro to come up, it has been very rainy the past few days, and they were just planted on Wednesday. I am going to the market this morning to buy a tomato plant, they have such beautiful specimens. And I am sure there will be some delicious cheeses to be had in late summer when the basil and tomatoes are ready, delicious!

hen

I have mostly stuck with succulents this year for plants on the deck, like I said, it's roasting hot, and one day without water in mid-summer is death for tender perennials. Succulents are incredibly hardy, these ones were out all winter and have come back most beautifully.

tiny tiny

The wee tiny ones are my favorites, they are perfect.

small treasures

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home