Tuesday, January 29, 2008

WDN08 off and running

I'm attending Web Directions North this week, and the first workshop I attended, Web 2.0 and Government was quite interesting. Tara Hunt and Chris Messina approached this topic from the point of view of Happiness - what makes your clients / constituents happy, and how can this help your organization? It was a great breakdown of motivation and psychological gratification, and you can check out the slide deck here.

I was struck by one video they showed, A Vision of Students Today. It was collaboratively written on Google Docs by 200 students in the Cultural Anthroplogy course at Kansas State University, and demonstrates the way young people are using the internet, how much of it they consume, and how perhaps methods of teaching need to change to access these growing, yet highly demanding minds. It's given me some great ideas on how to teach my students at Langara. Now only if YouTube would let me embed the video! Check it out here.

I'm going to be posting many more notes and thoughts as the conference unwinds. See you back soon!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home